I don’t consider myself a high maintenance person by any means, however, over the years I have grown attached to a few products that make it difficult for me to leave the house without. I thought this might be an interesting list to share with my friends and readers. Here are the top 10 products in my life, and why I keep them around!
- Murad Acne Skin Care Line. Back in 2009, I got sucked in by their infomercial and never once looked back. I had tried everything from proactive to neutrogena, to clinique, and nothing ever really grew on me. However, once I tried this line, I was hooked. My skin has never been treated better. Earlier this year, my supply ran out and I tried other moisturizers only to be completely disappointed. Murad is expensive but the best! It is so soft and light, and effective – you can’t even feel it on your skin. This is one item I will make room in my budget for forever.
- Burts Bees Tinted Lip Balm. If you haven’t tried it yet, tinted lip balm is the best! For those, who like me, don’t need or want a ton of color on their lips this is the next best thing. I ditched lipstick as a teenager because I don’t need any added attention to my already full lips, as it starts to look disproportionate (trust me on that one). Tinted lip balm adds just a hint of color and moisturizes your lips so they never dry out. (I also use Bath and Body Works ‘Lemon & Ginger Tinted Lip Balm’ and love it).
- Sonia Kashuk Foundation Brush. This brush has been a life saver! Never again spend $35 at the Department Store for a make up brush. For about 2 years I was using a Bare Essentuals (natural) brush that felt really scratchy, and I was ready for a change, but not ready to splurge on it. I decided to give Target brand a chance and have been beyond impressed with the quality. No more ouchies applying make up – this brush not only provides great coverage, but is only $8 AND silky soft.
- Murad T-Zone Pore Refining Gel. Since I am already a devoted Murad fan, I decided to branch out to their other skincare lines and try a new treatment. I will warn you, this little bottle is about $40, but it really does get rid of redness and makes your pores feel and appear smaller. I give it 4 and a 1/2 stars out of 5 (only because I wish it cost less), and would recommend it to anyone looking to get smoother skin.
- Carmex. Oh trusty carmex! How many times would I have died without you over a long winter!?
- Metha Lip Shine Mint (Bath and Body Works). What is better than a lip gloss that tastes like mint AND never gives you that annoying white ring on the inside of your lips after a full day of wearing gloss. I absolutely love this stuff!
- Victoria’s Secret Angel Fragrance Mist. I’m not gonna lie, I have splurged from time to time on expensive fragrances that I no longer enjoy the scent of. I picked up this little bottle on a whim for about $5 and have never regretted it! Not only does it smell like heaven, it also lasts a surprisingly long time and is very wearable. I even think it lasts as long as my DKNY or Ralph Lauren, not for 2 seconds like other fragrance sprays.
- Bare Minerals Foundation. I’m in love with this stuff, but I’ve already covered that here.
- Tide To-Go Pen. I am so glad I discovered this thing! It is literally like a magic eraser for stains. I bought it (in emergency mode) after I spilled some soda on my favorite dry-clean only shirt – desperate. After one scribble with this pen, the stain was gone. I cannot even tell you how handy it has been since then. I have yet to see a stain it cannot pull out in 2 seconds. I give this pen 5 stars!
- TRESemme Split Remedy Line. If you are a hair person and buy expensive shampoo, this recommendation is not for you because I am sure that your shampoo is great. However, if you are a cheap drugstore shampoo buyer, like me, listen up. A few months ago I had a sever case of split ends (I’m growing my hair out and had not had a trim in 1 year) and so I decided to give this product a go. True to their promises, and much to my surprise, I really did see an 80% improvement in about 3 weeks. I literally could not believe it. Because it worked for me, I give it my stamp of approval and recommend it to anyone with a split end problem!
There you go! That is my bathroom shelf in a nutshell. Hope this helps you on your quest to never waste money on false advertising!